We understand that you have a made decent life for you and your family outside India. However, the accumulated wealth may deplete over a long period of time because of inflation and other macro-economic factors. Most of our 300+ NRI clients wants decent returns on their investments and plan to either come back to India after 10 -15 years or have a risk adjusted return so that the wealth may not get depleted even if they keep on staying in their current country.
Like many of the NRIs who end up depleting their wealth in long run have some common traits. They don’t ask these questions to themselves.
- Have you put the same effort and gained knowledge for planning your long-term financial well-being?
- Are you managing and/or allocating your investment portfolio on your own/commission or target driven banks relationship managers and wealth managers?
- Have the above point lead to wealth depletion and anxiety (in a market crash/major correction), thereby preventing you to enjoy compounding and mental piece of mind.
You know the importance of professionals in your organization but you tend to ignore these professionals when it comes to personal financial plans. You do the research on your own, understand financial jargons, read financial newspapers, or someone introduces you to target driven bank relationship manager or a commission driven portfolio manager. You end up investing your money based on emotions, fears, half cooked research, advise of the target driven bank relationship manager or a commission driven portfolio manager. Most likely, you end up depleting your wealth. Investment in one bad or ill-informed instrument eats the whole profits, thereby depleting the wealth.
Even if you have a portfolio manager and a bank relationship manager who have been referred by your close connect, have you ever wondered:
- Did they ever ask about investment in low-risk government bonds (the most secured asset class) for balancing your portfolio? – They don’t get commissions on it but has to be a part of even the most aggressive portfolios.
- Did they ever suggest you about buying Gold bonds to hedge against multiple assets? – Even warren buffet hedges with gold. Why not you just because your agent does not earn commission on it.
- Did they ever tell you to invest a certain portion of your investment in real-estate? They want to put all your money in equity or bond market so that they keep on earning commissions year on year.
- Do they care for your money? If your investment portfolio goes for a toss, these bank relationship managers just change the job.
- Do these investment managers have a reputation at stake? If something goes wrong, they simply say it was a mandate by the bank.
- Do they tell you about creation of customized financial products as well as investment in alternative investment funds?
Answer is “NO”. All they care about is commissions which they get and/or achieving to the targets given to them by Banks. Also, even if they have made you invest in corporate debt funds, their sole aim is moving that money to mutual funds at later stages so that they can earn higher commissions. Moreover, keeping the money in even AAA rated corporate bonds are riskier and have very low upside when compared to the risks involved.
We, at chartered club – India’s number one tax and financial planning solutions company have been burning the candle at both ends for the last 10 years to analyse financial products so as to make the financial life of 1000s of CXOs, HNIs, CXOs, Start-up Stakeholders and middle management at ease. The research and operations department is being head by Mr. Karan Batra who have a track record of executing a well-defined and strategic financial planning of HNIs aligning perfectly to their future goals including creation of customized financial products as well as investment in alternative investment funds. Being a hard core India’s notable financial wizard, he brings the following value adds on the table for the existing clients and future prospects:
- Discipline – Discipline to invest in multiple asset classes in appropriate proportions considering the risk profile, age of the clients and risk reward ratio – an Individual will never be able to do and a bank relationship manager will never intend to do it.
- Customization – Customization of financial products from the bank (yes, you can do it – but not many professionals have the knowledge to do it) as well as investment in alternative investment funds.
- Our Reputation – We don’t mis-sell any products or misalign any portfolio just to earn commissions. We are a brand as Mr. Karan Batra has been appearing on financial planning and tax planning shows on monthly basis for the last 5 years. If any mis-selling happens, our brand goes for a toss.
While managing your money, we have our reputation at stake which takes years to build.